To add a product modifier to your uAccept POS account, follow these steps:
1. From the Products tab, select Modifiers.
There are three types of product modifiers:
- Sizes—different sizes of an item (e.g., small, medium, large)
- Components—additions you can make to an item (e.g., bacon or avocado)
- Add-Ons—separate existing items that can be added on to the primary product at a discounted price (e.g., bag of chips added on to a sandwich order)
2. Click Add, under the type of product modifier that you wish to add to the system.
3. In the Group Name field, enter the name of the modifier group.
This name will appear when you add a product in the web portal.
4. In the Display Name field, enter the modifier name that you would like displayed on the POS device.
5. In the Select Type section, select Single if the user can only select one modifier from this group, or select Multiple if the user can select multiple options.
NOTE: The Select Type feature is not available for size modifiers.
6. From the Status drop-down menu, make sure Active is enabled.
7. For each modifier that you add, do one of the following:
- Sizes—If you add a size modifier, enter the size names in the Size fields. Enter the corresponding prices in the Price fields. Select the option that will be the default.
- Components—If you add a product component, enter the component names in the Component fields. Enter the corresponding prices in the Price fields. Select the option that will be the default.
- Add-Ons—If you add a product add-on, enter the add-on names in the Add-On fields. Enter the corresponding prices in the Price fields. Select the option that will be the default.
8. Click Add Row and repeat the previous step for each modifier you wish to add to the group.
9. Click Save.