To add a product to a ticket, follow these steps:
1. Select the category and the subcategory which contains the product you wish to add.
2. Select the desired product from the list.
You can also search for the product by entering the name in the Search box located in the upper-right corner of the device screen. Press the magnifying glass icon to access the Search box.
If the product requires age verification, you will be prompted to enter the customer’s date of birth. This feature is typically used for alcohol and tobacco sales.
If the product has any size, component, or add-on modifiers available, they will display.
3. Apply product modifiers to the order by pressing the applicable buttons.
- Sizes—Size groups allow the selection of only one size modifier (e.g., small, medium, or large).
- Components—Component groups can either allow the selection of just one component or multiple components (e.g., adding bacon or avocado to a sandwich).
- Add-Ons—Add-On groups can either allow the selection of just one add-on or multiple add-ons. Add-Ons are separate products that can have a discounted price when combined with the primary product (e.g., customers can save $1.00 on a soda if it is ordered with a hamburger).
An example of Component modifiers on a drink. This group is named "Milk Options." The item that is checked is the selected option. If your customer wants Soy Milk, select Soy Milk.
5. If applicable, press the + or - button to increase or decrease the quantity of the item.
6. When you have finished selecting all applicable modifiers, changed the item quantity, or added item notes, press Confirm.
After the product has been added to the transaction, the product name will appear on the customer-facing display, along with the product price and total price.