Once you have entered products, modifiers, and any applicable discounts to a transaction, you will process the transaction.
1. Press the icon for the payment type.
The payment type options are: Check, Credit and Cash.
- If you select Cash, the cash drawer will open at this time. Enter the total amount the customer pays and press Enter. If the amount paid exceeds the amount of the transaction, the change due the customer will display.
- If you select Credit, you will be prompted to swipe the customer’s credit card or manually enter the customer's credit card number. When entering a manual credit card transaction, enter the credit card number, expiration date, and the credit card holder’s zip code. If the dollar amount meets or exceeds the setting to require a signature, the signature receipt will print at this time.
- If you select Check, enter the amount of the check and press Enter.
2. Select one of the following receipt options:
- Print Duplicate Receipt—A duplicate receipt will print.
- Email Receipt—The receipt will be emailed to the customer. If you select this option, you will be prompted to enter the email address and press Enter.
- Text Receipt—The receipt will be texted to the customer. If you select this option, you will be prompted to enter the phone number and press Enter. Note that this option will only appear if you are signed up for uText.
- Print Gift Receipt—A gift receipt is a receipt that will display information about the transaction, but will not include any prices for the transaction.
3. Press Close.
Note: To process a payment with multiple tender types, follow these steps:
1. Select the first payment type.
Note: If processing a credit card payment for an amount less than the total amount, press the credit card payment icon, press Change Amount.
2. Enter the tender amount and press Enter. If the payment type is credit card, swipe the card or manually enter the credit card number.
3. Select the next payment type, then enter the tender amount and press Enter, and so on, until the amount due is zero.