You can customize the text messages that will be sent from your business to your customers. If you wish, you can specify unique messages to be sent from each phone number you use. For information on purchasing additional phone numbers for text messaging use, see Adding New Phone Numbers for uText.
To set up customized text messaging for each phone number, follow these steps:
1. Click the uText tab.
2. From the uText Management screen, click Edit next to the phone number you wish to set up.
3. From the Store drop-down menu, select the region/store to which you would like to apply the phone number for text messaging use.
4. From the Status drop-down menu, make sure Active is enabled.
You can customize the following standard text messages:
- Confirmation Message—automated reply to the customer that the order has been received.
- More Information Message—an employee will manually send this email if they have questions about the order.
- Order Being Made Message—an employee will manually send this email once they have submitted the order via the POS device.
- Order Ready Message—an employee will manually send this email when the order is ready to be picked up.
- Closed Message—automated reply to the customer that the business is closed.
4. For each message, enter the following fields:
In the Message field, enter the text that will be sent to customers, or use the default text provided.
- In the Button Text field, enter the text for the message that will display on your POS device.
- From the Enable Auto Response drop-down menu, select Yes or No.
NOTE: The Enable Auto Response field is available only for the Confirmation Message and the Closed Message.
5. Click Save.