A channel is the means by which you can communicate with your customers regarding a product. A product can have many channels, but each channel is associated with just one product. After you set up channels, you will set up uText numbers and assign the numbers to channels. One uText number will be assigned to each channel.
To add a channel, follow these steps:
1. From the Account Settings tab, select Settings, then Products.
2. In the appropriate product section, click Add Channel.
3. In the Name field, enter the channel name.
4. In the Description field, enter a description for the channel.
5. In the Auto Response Message field, enter a message that will be automatically sent to your customers when they send you a text during regular business hours.
NOTE: You must enable auto response in order for messages to be automatically sent to your customers.
6. Select the Enable Auto Response check box if you would like to enable Auto Response Message, otherwise leave unchecked.
7. If Auto Response Message is enabled, select the auto response message type.
- First message in conversation — the auto response message will only be sent to the customer's first incoming message in the conversation.
- All messages in conversation — the auto response message will be sent to all of the customer's incoming messages in the conversation.
8. In the After Hours Message field, enter a message that will be automatically sent to your customers if they send a text when your business is closed.
9. In the Message Archive Time field, enter the number of minutes after which point messages will be automatically archived.
10. From the Status drop-down menu, make sure Active is enabled.
11. Click Save.