You can add services that your business offers to your uInvoice account. Then when you create estimates, work orders, or invoices you can select services to apply to the estimate, work order, or invoice.
To add a service to your account, follow these steps:
1. From the Services & Materials tab, select Services.
A list of your services displays. To edit an existing service, click the Edit button next to the service and make any changes that you wish. Click Save Changes when you are finished.
2. To create a new service, click Add Service.
3. In the Name field, enter the name for the service.
4. In the Description field, enter a description for the service, if you wish. The description you enter will display on the estimates, work orders, and invoices you create.
5. In the Service Code field, enter a tracking code for this service.
6. From the Status drop-down menu, make sure Active is enabled.
7. In the Taxable section, select Yes or No.
8. If you select Yes in step 7, select a tax rate from the drop-down menu that appears.
9. From the Select Rate drop-down menu, select a single customer billing rate or a staff rate. Staff rates will vary, depending on the staff member providing the service. You will specify the rate at which the customer will be charged if a user with a specific role performs the service. For example, you may charge $25.00/hour for "Employees" to perform a service, but you may charge $40.00/hour for "Managers" to perform the same service.
- If you select Billing Rate, enter the billing rate and select whether the rate is flat, hourly, daily, or weekly.
- If you select Staff Rate, set pay rates for each role that this service requires. Select the role from the drop-down menu and enter a staff rate for the role.
- If you wish to add a new staff rate, click Add Staff Rate.
10. Click Save Changes.